Since 1971, Seattle Veterinary Associates has been focused on making life better for people and their pets. Our community is undergoing some dynamic challenges with respect to the recent COVID – 19 outbreak and we want to assure you that we are doing everything within our power to ensure that our clients, patients and employees stay safe and healthy.
As a member of the American Animal Hospital Association, we already have cleaning protocols in place that mitigate viral transmission to our patients . These same protocols and products are reported to be effective against COVID 19 and we are also following enhanced cleaning guidelines outlined by the CDC, WHO and our local health dept.
The following are some action items that have been taken with respect to your safety as well as the safety of our SVA family:
1.All public and treatment areas are being sanitized multiple times daily using proper protocol
2. Starting Tuesday, 3/17/20 we will be discontinuing all preventative/wellness care visits, surgeries and dental procedures and focusing on emergent cases where animals are sick or injured. We will also be instituting a drop off policy to minimize your exposure and that of our staff. Staff members will be ready to meet you in the parking lot to transport your pet for treatments and services to eliminate your exposure and optimize the social distancing recommendations . Forms providing contact information and medical history and reported symptoms/observations are available on our website that will help expedite and improve your experience with this service . Due to the nature of our new drop off/pick up protocol – we kindly ask that you not remain parked in our parking lot for more extensive services as parking spaces will be limited.
3. We have instructed our staff to notify us and stay home if they are feeling cold or flu-like symptoms. Hand washing and hand sanitizer protocols have always been in place but employees will continue this according to the recommendations.
4. We will be temporarily discontinuing our SVA On The Go mobile service to help eliminate exposure. This service may change in scope depending upon need and exposure risk – details to follow
5. We are in the process of setting up a telemedicine platform to allow you to have access to a veterinarian if a full quarantine is implemented
What can you do to help us?
1. Please inform us if you are experiencing a fever, cough or respiratory challenges or if you have recently traveled to areas that put you at higher potential exposure risk. As stated in our website – Pets are currently not a known risk for clinical illness with this disease but they can carry the virus ( just like inanimate surfaces) and there are some exposure concerns. We will do everything within our power to effectively treat your pet on an outpatient basis. If hospitalization is feasible we will address it on a case by case basis and admit the patient through our Isolation ward.
2. Veterinary staffing may look different as we triage this situation. If you have a preferred doctor they may not be available at this time and we appreciate your understanding in seeing an alternate SVA doctor.
3. Please note that we will be limiting social distance, including handshaking, hugs, etc as a means of decreasing potential Coronavirus transmission.
We know that your veterinary experience may look different as we navigate this time together. Thank you for partnering with us as we all prevail through this challenging time. For 49 years we’ve been privileged to pursue Making Life Better for People and Their Pets and we look forward to continuing this mission during this time.