Review the lists below and be sure you have the information handy prior to your departure.
General Pet Travel
- Current Rabies Certificate
- All vaccines and protocols must be dated the day of the service performed.
- Most Rabies vaccines must be administered more than 30 days from travel date.
- Microchip number, license number, travel ID, photo of your pet
- Copy of medical records
- Medications (including flea/tick/heartworm control)
- Regular Diet (may not be available at your destination)
- Pet carrier/Bed and Toys
Additional information can be found at PetFlight.
Air Travel Within the United States
- Exam within 10-30 days depending on Airline regulations
- All Health Certificates are signed and dated the day the pet is examined and cannot be pre or post dated.
- Pets traveling without their owner or for sale may require additional documentation for interstate travel. Visit the USDA website for more information.
- Review the airline requirements by visiting their website or PetFlight.
Domestic Health Certificate Requirements
- Current address
- Address of your destination
- Previous Rabies certificate if Rabies vaccine has been given elsewhere (manufacturer and serial number required)
- If previous Rabies information is insufficient, another Rabies vaccine may need to be given
Foreign Export and Hawaii Travel
- Traveling with your pet can be a lengthy process. In some cases many months of preparation is needed. Plan ahead!
- Regulations change frequently and will vary from country to country. If you are planning a trip or move in the near future, contact the appropriate sources for the current regulations.
General Requirements to Review
- Appointments are available for current/active patients of our practice. New clients and/or patients are not eligible for this service.
- You will need to choose a transport company to handle the scheduling and review of the health certificate and appointment. Visit IPATA – International Pet And Animal Transportation Association to learn more.
- All vaccines and protocols must be dated the day of the service performed. Most Rabies vaccines must be administered more than 30 days from export date, but less than 12 months.
- Most countries require your pet’s microchip be ISO compliant